The translation below is provided for your convenience only. If there is any discrepancy between the translation in English and the original Korean text (including due to the delay in translation), the original Korean text takes precedence.
Chapter 1. Personal Information to be Collected and Collection Methods
Article 1 (Personal Information to be Collected)
- 1.The Company collects the following personal information that is necessary
for creating accounts, providing customer consultation, and allowing customers
to access and use various services:
- 1. For Individual Member Sign-Up
-Mandatory Information: Email address, password, name, Birthday, mobile phone number, country, address
- 2. For Corporate Member Sign-Up
-Mandatory Information: Email address, password, name of business, country, phone number, address of business (For residents in Korea) name of representative, business registration number, copy of business license
- 3. For Registering an Automatic Payment
-Credit card: Date of birth (business registration number for businesses), credit card number, credit card expiration date
-(For the Korean corporate members) Bank transfer: Bank name, date of birth (business registration number for businesses), account number
- 1. For Individual Member Sign-Up
- 2. The following information is automatically created or collected while using the
service or processing applications for service:
-IP Address, cookies, connection log, visit date, service use records, defective use records, payment records
- 3. The following information is collected for users of certain services of the Company.
Such information is retained only while using the specific service:
1. When obtaining separate consent for the collection of personal information
Classification Collected information General inquiries -Mandatory: Email address, Mobile Phone Number Cash receipt application -Mandatory: Mobile phone number or cash receipt card number When being added as a notification recipient -Mandatory: Name, email address
-Optional: Mobile phone number
Article 2 (Personal Information Collection Methods)
- ① The Company collects personal information via the following methods:
- 1. Website, written document, fax, phone, customer message boards, email, collected at events or seminars
- 2. Data received from partner organizations
- 3. Collection of data via automated tools
Chapter 2. Purposes for Collecting and Using Personal Information
Article 3 (Performance of Service Agreement and Settlement of Fees for Services Provided)
① The Company collects personal information to provide customers with contents and customized services, deliver goods, issue invoices, authenticate user identities, process purchases and fee payments, and to collect fees.
Article 4 (Member Management)
① The Company collects personal information to verify user identities for using member services or to comply with identity check requirement under applicable laws, to confirm individual identification, to prevent illegal use and unauthorized use, to confirm account registrations, to prevent duplicate registrations, to validate identities of legal representatives, to archive records for dispute resolution, for civil complaint processing, and to provide notices.
Article 5 (New Service Development and Marketing)
① The Company collects personnel information for purposes of developing new services and customizing services, providing existing services and posting advertising based on user demographics, validating services, providing event and advertising information, and providing opportunities for customer participation, understanding usage patterns, and developing statistics on customer use of services.
Chapter 3. Providing and Processing Personal Information
Article 6 (Providing Personal Information to a Third Party)
① The Company shall use the personal information of users within the scope specified in Chapter 2 above and shall not exceed this scope without prior consent of the user or disclose personal information of the user to any third party. Notwithstanding the foregoing, however, the following shall be exceptions:
- 1. If the users have agreed in advance
- 2. If based on the provisions of laws and regulations, or if there is request of an investigation agency according to the procedures and the methods set forth in the laws and regulations for investigation purposes.
- 3. The cases where personal information is provided after the user gives consent in advance shall be as below:
|Receiving party||Information Provided||Purpose of use||Period of retention and usage|
|None as of now||-||-||-|
Article 7 (Outsourcing of Handling Personal Information)
- 1. The Company entrusts the following entities with processing customers’ personal information as needed to deliver or improve services and enacts provisions to keep personal information secure when entering into agreements with these organizations, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- 2. The company's personal information consignment processing agency and consigned business contents are as follows.
|Entrusted Company||Entrusted Work||Period of Personal Information Retention and Use|
|Paypal||Payment for the service||Until membership is withdrawn or the entrusting agreement is terminated|
|NAVER FINANCIAL Corp.||fee transaction, Prevention of fraudulent transactions|
|Allat, KCP, Inicis, LG U+, Hyundai/Lotte/KB/BC/Samsung/Shinhan/KEB/Hana SK/Citi/Nonghyup/Gwangju/Jeonbuk/Jeju/Suhyup credit card companies||Payment processing (credit card, account transfer, refund account verification, cash receipt issuance)|
|AMC Asia||Operation of online marketing|
Chapter 4. Period of Personal Information Retention and Use
In principle, the Company deletes or destroys customers’ personal information without delay once the purpose for collecting and using the personal information has been satisfied. However, the following information will be retained for a specified period of time due to the following reasons:
Article 8 (Reason for Information Retention due to Company Policies)
|Retained Information||Reason for Retention||Retention Period|
|Record of illegal use||Prevention of illegal use||1 year|
|Inquiry/partnership Details (only if customer gives express consent)||Customer consultation processing||6 months|
|Attachment(s) determined to be infected malicious file(s)||Analysis of the infected file(s)||1 month|
Article 9 (Reasons for Retaining Information According to Applicable Laws and Regulations)
The Company retains users’ information for periods designated in applicable laws and regulations, when information retention is required thereunder, including, without limitation, the Commercial Law and Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce. In this case, the Company will use the information for the purposes specified in the relevant acts and regulations. The retention periods for these purposes are as follows:
|Retained Information||Cause for Retention||Retention Period|
|Record on contracts or subscription withdrawals||Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc.||5 years|
|Records on payments and goods supply||5 years|
|Records on complaint or dispute handling||3 years|
|Records on display or advertisements||6 months|
|Ledgers and evidential documents about all transactions as defined by the tax law||Framework Act on National Taxes, Corporate Tax Act||5 years|
|Records on electronic transactions||Electronic Financial Transaction Act||5 years|
|Login records||Protection of Communications Secrets Act||3 months|
Chapter 5. Personal Information Destruction Procedures and Methods
In principle, the Company deletes or destroys customers’ personal information without delay once the purpose for collecting and using the personal information has been satisfied. The following describes the procedures and methods used by the Company to destroy personal information.
Article 10 (Destruction Procedure)
- ① The information that the user has submitted for account sign-up will be moved to a separate database (or a separate document container for paper files) and destroyed after retention requirements related to information security in accordance with Company policies and applicable laws are fulfilled (refer to the period of retention and use).
- ② The retained personal information will not be used for any purpose other than for retention as required by applicable laws and Company policies, unless otherwise required by law.
- ③ For reference, the personal information of the members who have not used the service for one year is separately stored and managed in accordance with the ‘Personal Information Validity Period Policy’.
Article 11 (Destruction Method)
- ① Personal information printed on paper will be destroyed by shredding or incinerating.
- ② Personal information saved in electronic formats will be deleted via a technical deletion method that destroys data permanently.
Chapter 6. User and Legal Representative Rights
Article 12 (Rights and Methods of Exercising those Rights)
- ① Users and their legal representatives can retrieve or modify personal information at any time or request cancellation of membership.
- ② To retrieve or modify personal information, the user must complete the identity verification procedure on the “Member Information Modification” page of the Company’s website (My Page > Manage Member Information > Modify Member Information). To cancel membership (withdraw consent), the user must complete the identity verification procedure on the “Member Withdrawal” page of the Company’s website (My Page > Member Withdrawal).
- ③ In the event that a user has requested to correct personal information, the relevant personal information will not be used until it is updated. In addition, if incorrect personal information is already provided to a third party, the change will be notified to the third party without delay.
- ④ The Company will process deletion without delay if a user contacts the Company’s personal information manager via writing, phone, or email.
- ⑤ The Company handles the personal information canceled or deleted by the user or a legal representative as specified under Chapter 4 above to prevent viewing or using information for other purposes.
Chapter 7. Installation, Operation, and Refusal of Automatic Personal Information Collection Devices
Article 13 (Definition of Cookie)
- ① The Company uses digital files called ‘cookie’ to save and retrieve data for the purpose of providing personalized and customized services.
- ② Cookie is a small text file that is sent to the user’s browser by the server that hosts the Company website and stored to the hard disk of the user’s computer. When the user visits the Company website again, the website server reads the contents of the cookie and uses it to provide customized services.
Article 14 (Purpose of Using Cookies)
Cookies are used to provide more convenient services through advanced functions by data-making, including auto-login and frequently used functions of customers.
Chapter 8. Technical and Administrative Protection of the Personal Information
The Company takes the following technical and administrative measures to secure the safety of user’s personal information and prevent loss, theft, disclosure, alteration, or distortion.
Article 16 (Encrypting Passwords)
Member passwords are encrypted for storage and management and only the user knows the password. As a result, only the user who knows the password can access the account to view or modify the personal information.
Article 17 (Measures against Hacking or Other Attacks)
The Company takes reasonable precautions to prevent any leak or damage to user’s personal information due to hacking attacks or computer viruses. The Company backs up data frequently to prevent damage to personal information. The Company uses up-to-date vaccine programs to prevent leakage or damage to personal information or data. The Company uses encrypted networks to allow safe transmission of personal information on the network. The Company also controls unauthorized access using an intrusion prevention system. The Company takes reasonable precautions operate and maintain all possible technical systems and equipment regularly to run systems securely.
Article 18 (Minimization of Personal Information Handling Employees and Their Training)
However, the Company shall not bear responsibility for damages that are not caused by the negligence of the Company, such as the user’s own negligence or accidents in areas not managed by the Company, or the causes caused not complying with the Company’s suggestions when the Company has fulfilled the obligations to protect personal information.
Chapter 9. Other
Article 20 (Contact Information of the Privacy Manager and Personal Information Manager)
Users can report complaints related to personal information protection to the Privacy Manager or Personal Information Manager. The Company will promptly provide an adequate reply on the reported details of the users.
|Name||Sang Geun Lee|
|Department||Tech Space Co., Ltd.|
|Name||Hang Woo Lee|
|Department||Tech Space Co., Ltd.|
If you need to report on other infringements of personal information or if you require consultation, please contact the agencies below.
-Personal Information Infringement Report Center (http://privacy.kisa.or.kr/ 118 without area code)
-Cyber Investigation Bureau of the Supreme Public Prosecutor’s Office (http://www.spo.go.kr/ 1301 without area code)
-Cyber Safety Bureau of the National Policy Agency (http://cyberbureau.police.go.kr/ 182 without area code)
Article 21 (Exceptions)
Article 22 (Obligation to Notify)
Article 23 (Language)
All communications and notices made or given pursuant to the Terms shall be in the Korean language. Provided, that, the Company may provide English translation of the communications and notices for convenience purpose only. In case the Company provides an English language translation of the notices and/or the Terms, the Korean text of such notices and/or the Terms will control in case of any conflict. Notwithstanding the foregoing, however, the Customer may communicate or give notice to the Company in either the Korean or English language.
Addendum for U.S. Customers
- (2) Additional Information About Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies.
In addition to cookies, the Company may collect data from web socket and similar technologies to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Company’s services and compile statistics about usage and response rates. Users can permit a cookie to be placed or not. By setting up cookies from the Internet options, you can allow all cookies, or check whenever a cookie is stored, or block them all. Please be advised that you can face difficulty when using some services which require login, if you block cookies.
- (3) Additional Uses and Disclosures of Personal Information
The Company may also use and disclose your Personal Information as it believes to be necessary or appropriate:
- (a) to comply with applicable law, to respond to requests from public and government authorities, to cooperate with law enforcement, or for other legal reasons;
- (b) to enforce its terms and conditions; and
- (c) to protect its rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of its
affiliates, you, or others.
The Company may use, disclose or transfer your information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of its business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Addendum for Singapore Customers
- (1) Consent from a user with respect to the collection, use and disclosure
of personal information
- (2) Personal Information Retention Period
A user’s personal information will cease to be retained by the Company once the purpose of collecting and using the personal information is obtained, and if the personal information is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
- (3) Transfers of Personal Information Outside of Singapore
The Company may transfer a user’s personal information to countries and territories outside of Singapore. In this regard, the Company will take the appropriate measures to ensure that the personal information of a user continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012).
Addendum for Hong Kong Customers
- (2) Purposes for Collecting and Using Personal Information: We will use your personal information for "New Service Development and Marketing" as listed in Chapter 2 Article 5, only if you have consented to such use. You may choose to opt out from such use free of charge at any time.
- (4) Outsourcing of Handling Personal Information: We may entrust processing of your personal information to entities in addition to those entities listed in Chapter 3 and may, as circumstances require, involve transferring your personal information overseas out of Hong Kong.
- (5) Period of Personal Information Retention and Use: Notwithstanding the retention periods for information retention set out in Chapter 4, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary for the purpose the data was collected.
Addendum for EU Customers
- (1) Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
- (2) Your Rights
You are entitled to ask to be provided with all the information stored in Tech Space cloud platform. If you want the authority described above, contact the staff in charge of personal information for inquiry (firstname.lastname@example.org).